AppalCART COVID-19 Precautions
In addition to standard AppalCART cleaning and upkeep, we have taken the following additional precautionary measures in response to the evolving COVID-19 epidemic:
• Spraying and wiping bus and van “touch” areas - door handles, seat backs, and hold rails multiple times each day with commercial disinfecting spray.
• Spraying and wiping door handles, common areas, and surfaces throughout AppalCART building facilities twice a day with commercial disinfectant.
• Providing sanitizing wipes for AppalCART staff including bus operators.
• Use of sanitizing pumps throughout AppalCART facilities.
• Front door entrance and rear door exit.
• Making masks available to all employees.
• Glove distribution to all operators.
• Spot sanitizing on buses throughout the day.
• Separation barrier installed to promote additional social distancing behind bus operator at rear of wheel well.
• Deep cleaning the entire fleet.
Do you have an appointment to get your COVID-19 vaccine and need transportation to your appointment?
AppalCART is happy to assist with free transportation to and from your COVID-19 vaccine appointment at the Watauga County Recreation Center.
Just contact our dispatch office at (828) 297-1300!
AppalCart has ad space available on our buses
Temporary Night Owl Schedule Changes Beginning February 4, 2021
Get the latest route information, bus times, schedules and live NextBus data for AppalCart Routes near you.
AppalCart paired with NextBus provides realtime bus data on our website or app.
LIVE TRANSIT DATA & NEXTBUS
NIGHT OWL SERVICE
Consider taking NIGHT OWL on Thursday and Friday nights from 10pm - 12:00am
and 6pm - 12:00 am on Saturday.